Google AdWords Keyword Planner has always been a useful tool for advertisers. To search for keywords and get estimates of competition, globally searches, monthly searches, average CPC etc. Now Google has made this tool from smart to smarter and brings some very cool useful additions. Get more insights on search volume trends, mobile volumes & trends, location breakdown, the effect of bid adjustment on a mobile device, location etc.
In addition, keyword planner will give you insightful data to make a strategy even before you start a campaign.
Below are the new additions on Google Keyword Planner:
1. Date Range & Comparison between dates: As soon as you start using keyword planner, you see an option to choose date range and comparison as shown in the screenshot below:
You can specify the date range for keyword suggestions. You can see the search volume trends around the time period defined by you and it also provides a graph for same as shown in (Screenshot 1) below & you can see the comparison for the specified time period as shown in (Screenshot 2).
2. Get Exact change when comparing stats: When you compare stats you can also see the exact change between the time period specified you in the form of a total number of changes and also % change. Sort data to see keywords and ad groups affected during the date range comparison. See the screenshot Below
3. Get Mobile Trends for select date range: This is an excellent new addition to get the idea of mobile trends during the date range. You can see the comparison of all devices (Total in blue) with a mobile device (In green). See the screenshot
4. Get Breakdown by Device: Next, even before starting up the campaign, you can see the breakdown of volume by the device as shown in the screenshot below. With the help of these estimates, you can strategize your campaign in a better way.
5. Get breakdown by Location: Same as a breakdown by device, before starting a campaign, you can see estimates of breakdown by location.
1. Select time period to get estimates: You can get now get better estimates of clicks, impressions, cost etc by selecting desired date range. You can see the stats for last 7 days. You can set custom time period. Also can see the day, week, month, quarterly and even yearly.
2. Get estimate based on Device segmentation & bid adjustment: You can now get estimates at the device level. You can also see the estimates by making bid adjustment in the tool itself. This will show you the effect of bid adjustment that you are making.
3. Get estimate based on Location segmentation & bid adjustment: Similar to device level estimate, you can now check estimate for location and can also make bid adjustment at for each location and see what effect they can make.
4. Location breakdown by Sub Geo locations for selected location: As shown in below screenshot, you even get the option to choose the state, city even airport to get the estimates, also can get from your targeted location. You can select as shown in Screenshot 3 & estimates will look like as seen in Screenshot 4.
Note The Search volumes and estimates that tool provide are estimates only.